Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sharon On August 29, 2006

A couple of my doctors called yesterday to check on my flu recovery. Since I've been having such a hard time getting over this thing, they agreed that my next chemotherapy treatment should be postponed for a week. That means I go back into hospital on September 7 to begin treatment September 8.

I'm not happy to have a treatment delay, but if I have to be sick and delay treatment, I'm glad I'm home for it. Some patients have delays while they're in hospital. I also have been struggling with some discouragement, related to feeling rotten with the flu for so long and worrying about its impact on my treatment (delay vs. possibility of becoming deathly ill in treatment if I've not fully recovered from this thing before I start the next cycle). Also, the mid-point is hard in any long and draining project -- the mid-point of a marathon, the mid-point of a school-year, etc. However, I think this extra week at home will give me the time I need to get my head back where it needs to be in order to face the next round.

Meanwhile, so many of you have stopped by, bringing various gifts -- food, clothing, baking, things for baby, lovely hand-me-downs for the older kids. Others of you have sent encouraging e-mails, cards or letters. The kindness and caring shown by all of you is such an encouragement to me as I get ready for the next round.

No comments: