Thursday, August 09, 2007

Plenty of Time To Blog!

Last Wednesday evening, I felt a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen after work, and thinking it was just a kidney stone, I returned to work on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with increasing pain and a low grade fever. Finally, I knew I had reached the point of no return on Sunday, and went to the emergency room where the Doctor verified my suspicion of kidney stones and sent me home with antibiotics and painkillers, requesting my return on Monday for a CT Scan to verify the diagnosis. Sunday night I became very ill, with fever and nauseousness, and upon CT Scan results was immediately admitted into emergency surgery for removal of my ruptured appendex.

I am very thankful for my wife, who was by my side the whole time, Dr. Noel C. Sanchez, who was by my other side with a knife, and my mother in law, who watched the children, and Vanessa and Tricia, who kept my wife company during the long waiting hours!

2 comments:

Redneckpilot said...

Hi, this is Melody Mayner. I'm using my son's google account. I really appreciate seeing the photos from your (partly my) trip to Canada. I feel like we're really relatives now. Sorry to hear about your emergency surgery. Great that you were home at least. Not on the road. Our oldest, Rob would like to meet you. He'll be traveling in your neck of the "woods" around Sept. 30. Could he stop by? I don't have your e-mail or mailing address, sorry.
MMM

The Meier Family said...

Thanks for the comment! Glad to hear you enjoyed the pictures. I still have many to post, but am limited on time these days, as I have returned to work!

It was great to visit with you! We look forward to meeting Rob should he come through Wichita. He would be welcome to stop by or stay the night if he wants, we have plenty of room.

My email is eagleict@cox.net

All the best,
Ted