Sunday, September 10, 2006

We Will Never Forget: Five Years Later



I know 9-11 is for Generation X what the assassination of JFK was for the Baby Boomers. We can all remember the exact place and the exact time we first heard and saw the news of that horrific day.
I can remember the moment on 9-11-2001 very distinctively. I had just successfully made the transition from office to home in my new business, and was checking my email that morning.
I was stunned as I viewed the photo of the first Tower on my dial-up AOL screen. Quickly, I hollered upstairs to my wife to turn on the television, and we both watched in horror as the second Tower was hit. We both knew at that moment our lives would never be the same.
Five years later, the horror of that day is somewhat fading, but for those who suffered personally, the day will be replayed every day for the rest of their lives. We remember and honor them and the brave Patriots who have sought to right this despicable act of terrorism.

No comments: